Step 7: Electric or Electronic?
Electric and Electronic
Is your device electric or electronic?
If it’s electric, it uses a high-power heating element or mechanical motor (think hair dryers and irons).
If it’s an electronic device, it will use electronic chips / circuits (think printers, VCRs, and computers). Not sure what your device is?
Next Step: Step 8: Must-read voltage tips
10 Step Guide to Buying a Voltage Converter
- Step 1. Why Do I Need to Convert?
- Step 2. Where is the power label?
- Step 3. Is My Device Single Voltage or Dual Voltage?
- Step 4. What kind of plug adapter / travel adapter do I need?
- Step 5. How do I choose a voltage converter?
- Step 6. Do I need a Step Up or Step Down Converter? How to get from 110 to 220 and from 220 to 110.
- Step 7. Do I need a voltage converter or voltage transformer?
- Step 8. Must-read voltage tips
- Step 9. Glossary of helpful voltage terms
- Step 10. Voltage by region
Voltage Converter Knowledge Base FAQs
- Gadget Guide: View a list of popular devices with recommended voltage converter selections
- Voltage / Wattage / Plugs FAQs
- Voltage Converter Selection FAQs
*** IMPORTANT - WHEN SELECTING A CONVERTER WE SUGGEST THAT YOU BUY ONE WITH 3 TIMES THE WATTAGE OF THE PRODUCT YOU ARE CONVERTING ***